The town of Rjukan in the Telemark region of Norway has a remarkable history. The birth of modern Norwegian tourism, the development of hydroelectric power and artificial fertiliser to feed a growing world population, facilitation of modern-day workers’ rights, nuclear development and the bravery and tenacity of wartime saboteurs. This story is considered by UNESCO to represent outstanding universal value and therefore needs to be preserved. Rjukan-Notodden Industrial Heritage was included in the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2015.
This guidebook tells the amazing story of Rjukan alongside the filming of the new mini-series The Heavy Water War.
It also includes:
A foreword by The Heavy Water War Director Per-Olav Sørensen.
* Interactive maps and location directions.
* Touring and attraction information with direct links to websites.
* Exclusive images from the mini-series.
* Extensive full screen slide-shows and panorama images.
* Audio guided waking tours.
* Background information on the cast and crew.
* Then and Now interactive images.
* Historical notes on the Tinn Kommune.
Join best-selling author Ian Brodie on a fascinating tour of discovery.