- Have you ever wondered how hydroplaning increases speed?
- Or why supercars have fans that suck down on the road?
- Or if aircraft can be powered by alcohol?
Get ready to find out the answers to these questions, as well as much, much more. Published in association with Discovery Channel™, this multi-touch book allows you to take a hands-on approach and discover how super-fast machines work. More than 60 pages are packed with awesome interactive features, including 3D models, video footage and slideshows, to show you the basic principles behind some of the fastest machines in the world.
Alongside clear text that accompanies each topic, you will find:
- 12 3d models to give you a 360° view of every vehicle
- 15 highly detailed, realistic artworks, including exploded views, with annotations and snippets of extra information
- 15 hand-drawn, interactive colour diagrams to explain the inner workings
- 11 videos, some with sound, to show many vehicles in action
- 99 photos packed into slideshows, each with a caption
- More than 65 interactive amazing Fast Facts
Become a speed machines expert before you know it!
About Miles Kelly
Miles Kelly is an independent children’s book publisher with more than 300 active titles. The team’s aim is to make top-quality books that are enjoyable, attractive and useful with fresh and innovative features that appeal to a wide readership. The bestselling 100 Facts series includes more than 70 titles and has sold 8 million copies across 53 countries.