If you're learning Japanese, learning Hiragana and Katakana – the Japanese syllabic alphabet – is a must. Once you learn how to read kana, you'll be able to read some items off a Japanese menu, Japanese names and even figure out how to write your own name in Japanese! Brand new to the Japanese language? Don't worry! Learning Japanese kana is super easy with this beginner book.
In this complete guide to hiragana and katakana, you'll learn to read, write and pronounce each character through video, audio and interactive worksheets. Each chapter covers 1 Japanese character. Browse the characters from the alphabet chart table of contents or simple learn them in order one by one starting with あ.
Learn Japanese Kana – Complete Guide to Master Hiragana and Katakana Features:
- 25 Chapters covering hiragana and katakana, including long values, maru, ten ten, small and double characters
- See it! Watch the stroke order video and see the character's components broken down in large, easy to read graphics
- Learn it! For each character, a Teacher's Tip is provided to help you remember the character
- Say it! Hear the character's sound through clear pronunciation audio
- Write it! Practice the stroke order through interactive worksheets! Trace the character and try it on your own using your finger and our guidelines
- Audio Gallery with Explanations: some characters and combinations can be tricky, so you get extra video explanations to make it super easy for you to understand
Try the first chapter free to learn the first 5 characters. Download the full book to master all 92+ kana characters!